The watchmen carry out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF premises, according to security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all personnel and premises.
- Watch MSF premise’s access and guide people to reception within authorized hours.
- Keep track of all in’s and out’s from the premises.
- Watch MSF premises and property’s perimeter fence through regular patrols.
- Remain on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover and never leave post unattended.
- Organize traffic of vehicles within the premises and direct them in and out.
- Check that doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises.
- Check that security lights are working properly and inform line manager of any possible problems.
- Keep area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.).
- Perform general maintenance activities of the garden.
- Maintain watchmen’s torch and other lighting tools return used batteries and keep the necessary supply of spare batteries.
- Supervise diesel/petrol tank levels and provide spare can of fuel.
- Ensure the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance).
- Ensure correct use of extinguishers and be aware of their location.
- Inform line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading. Help MSF staff carry heavy items.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of English is required.
- Ability to write and read.
- Strong security awareness.
- Previous experience in similar position, ideally within an international organisation.
- Understanding of confidentiality and privacy principles.
- Ability to work hard.
- Punctual, honest and reliable.