- Ensure security of the premises under supervision of the Line manager
- Contribute to maintenance of the facilities under supervision of the line manager
Specific goals and related activities
- Maintain sufficient lighting throughout the premises
- Ensure that all equipment at his/her disposal functions properly
- Stand watch at the entrance door and patrol the specified zone (minimum of 6 rounds outside and inside PUI premises during night shift)
- Enforce the smoking ban inside the PUI Premises
- At the end of Première Urgence Internationale staff duty, ensure that windows are closed, unused rooms are locked or padlocked, A/C or heaters are turned off, and lights are switched off.
- Advise direct supervisor of any possible safety threats that can hamper PUI activities.
- Report to the log officer anytime he hears rumours or information related to security issues.
- If an incident occurs during service, inform the line management immediately
- Filter, monitor and organise the arrival and departure of people and goods affected by or in transit through his/her assignment area
- Recording of PUI Security forms and follow-up forms
- Assess and plan the human and material needs
- Supervise the maintenance of the PUI premises.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the Watchmen’s room
- Support the cleaning team on their task upon request of the line manager
- Fill in the heaters and report accordingly on each stoves follow up.
- Contribute to the maintenance and functioning of the generator.
- Activate and switch off the generator as needed or as specified by established procedure, and fill out the log book
- Monitor the water level of the water tank and inform the wash responsible if it needs to be filled
- Ensure that there is always a fuel reserve in the generator and check the oil level
- Support on handling materials upon request (loading or unloading)
3. Other tasks
- Support the teams upon request of the line manager
- Report to the line Manager any problem in PUI premises especially the gap/loss/robbery/damage of non-medical equipment and logistic in order to cover all Premises needs.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Knowledge and skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and autonomy
- Good relational capacities
- Well organized
- Team spirit
- Training skills
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work and suggest improvement