Executing the stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments of medical supplies, food items, spare parts, tools, equipment and/ or other logistics materials), according to the line manager’s instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of MSF activities.
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force.
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature.
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight.
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined.
- Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Controlling warehouse limited access to authorized personnel and ensuring doors and other exits are secured.
- Assisting the line manager with preparation of the stock reports
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Education: Essential secondary education and desirable warehouse management related studies
- Experience: Previous experience as storekeeper desirable
- Essential basic mathematics and use of measuring equipment
- Languages : Fluent in Kurdish, Good written/oral Arabic, Good written/oral English
- Flexible and committed to MSF principles.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team and in diverse populations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsive to needs and pro-active personality