The purpose of a warehouse assistant is to implement day to day warehouse activities, and the position shall be responsible for specific tasks related to receiving, storing, distributing materials and accounting for materials/supplies.
Warehouse Assistant will be reporting to Warehouse Officer.
Warehouse Assistant position will be based in Hamam Al Alil- Nineveh.
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Informs suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned to suppliers.
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensures correctness of the contents in respect of the purchase order.
- Receives and inspects the physical condition of consignments and scrutinizes relevant documents.
- Inform logistics coordinator on expiry date of consumable items stored in warehouse.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
A university graduate in relevant field with minimum 2-3 years experience working as a warehouse assistant in humanitarian and recovery/context. The candidate ideally should have previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts. The candidate should speak fluent Arabic and English, Kurdish is a plus.
- Fluency in Arabic language and good working knowledge in English. Kurdish is plus.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word and Excel.
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results