The Parent Care Trauma Group Facilitator will be responsible for organizing and facilitating trauma counseling support groups for displaced parents of the children enrolled in the Samaritan’s Purse CFS in Khazer M1, Hasansham M2, Hasansham U3 and Chamakor. This will include regular individual home visits for each family to conduct surveys and follow up on family needs.
Performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
- Identify and enroll parents of children attending the SP CFS in the Parent Care Program
- Organize and maintain scheduling of all camp trauma groups
- Complete baseline, mid activity and end of group surveys to assess emotional and mental health of beneficiaries
- Complete timely preparation before each group, ensuring the appropriate materials and supplies are ready
- Host and facilitate gender segregated groups for displaced parents following the given trauma counseling curriculum
- Help with set-up and clean-up of the caravan/tent space before and after each group, intentionally creating a safe and hospitable environment for beneficiaries
- Keep record of parent attendance, following up on all absences within 24 hours
- Communicate all materials and supplies needed to the Program Coordinator
- Report all concerns regarding a beneficiary or their family to the Program Coordinator in a timely manner
- Conduct regular home visits for each beneficiary enrolled
- Be available on site during the week to meet with beneficiaries as needed
- Attend orientation and ongoing trainings on trauma counseling and support groups
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a warm and kind demeanor
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills and ability to lead groups in effective discussion
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Committed to the SP values and ethics