View more 5 years ago
- Supervision of trucks and commodities/asset movements from different locations to different destinations
- Provide day/weekly monthly reports as required
- Prepare routine movement plans for staff movement and ensuring all movements are supported by authorized Travel Request forms
- Ensure appropriate communication with staff traveling in case there is any change/revision of travel plans
- Works with CLC to ensure appropriate communication with site managers and logisticians in all staff/cargo movement to their locations
- Works with the Country Logistics Coordinator to ensure monthly reconciliation of invoices and submission to Finance for payment
- Ensures all documents are filed per the IMC standardized filing system and audit monthly
- Ensure all documents are files per IMC standard filing systems system
Transportation/ Assets control.
- In coordination with Country Logistics Coordinator identify and rent trucks/vehicles as per IMC Rental Procedures. Ensure the trucks/vehicles are clean and in good mechanical condition
- Raise issues to your supervisor on security-related transport issues, such as booking in/out, and assist with addressing them.
- Oversees all cargo movements to the field locations
- Coordinate with the warehouse officer for the distribution of supplies
- Ensure all the relevant dispatch documents including, but not limited to, PRs, waybills, and packing slips, are completed and approved before any dispatch
- Maintain daily cargo movement tracking sheet
- Ensure all documents are filed per the IMC standardized system and audited monthly
- Assist with the customs clearance for all process
- Physically verify all assets monthly and ensure that all items have ID tags
- Complete report for damaged or lost assets and submit to Country Logistics Coordinator
- Oversee repair of assets if applicable
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports for transport and assets, and submit to the Country Logistics Coordinator per the stated deadline
- Supervise; manage staff under your supervision with integrity and foresight. Actively seek advice on HR procedures and policies to ensure that the highest standards of accountability and professionalism are upheld.
- Make frequent site visits to where staff supervised by you, to ensure that the appropriate care and support is being offered.
- Ensure that staff supervised by you are evaluated regularly, trained and/or mentored in a structured accountable manner, and written records of such are retained.
- Provide input to the recruitment, selection and performance of logistics staff, as required.
Training/ Capacity Building:
- Advocate and plan for professional development for yourself, and any staff supervised by you.
- Provide input to, and deliver, where applicable, training for national staff to increase their responsibilities in order to build capacity, and ensure sustainability of programs.
- Represent IMC in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
- Ensure the application of, and compliance with, security protocols and policies of you and your supervised staff.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Must be a Kurdish native speaker
- Good communications skills