General objective: Planning and managing the day to day implementation of procedures and administrative processes for the efficient clearance and transportation of medical and non-medical goods in the mission according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal functioning of the mission
- Ensuring a proper follow up on all the importation process in direct relation with clearing agents in order to release the goods as fast as possible, and ensuring a good cooperation with the authorities and representatives; following up on the MOU and liaising with Ministry of Finances and others for taxes exemption. Being the focal person of the Ministry of Health for the import license by providing all the details on the content of the importations
- Managing all outsourced local transports from ordering the transport to final delivery (issuing transport documents , quotations, contracts, procedure for payments)
- In collaboration with the different local authorities, ensuring the facilitation of teams movements inside the country through procedures of movement authorisation.
- Conducting local context watch and proposing best routing for local transport taking in consideration nature of goods and timing and participates in the network for cargo transportation possibilities with the others sections. Organizing regular market assessments and tenders on transport local market (Road , Air …)
- Supporting the supply team with local purchase of medicines/medical related items
- Performing delegated tasks according to his her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
- Translation upon request
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Education: Essential technical diploma, in supply chain or transport
- Experience: At least 2 years relevant experience in supply chain / Customs. Experience in medical organisation is an asset.
- Languages : Fluent in Kurdish, Good written/oral Arabic, Good written/oral English
- Flexible and committed to MSF principles.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team and in diverse populations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsive to needs and pro-active personality