To ensure the activities of the Tracing department (in charge of the reestablishment of the family link) are managed efficiently and effectively in line with established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Protection team leader in Kirkuk Office:
– Supports in organizing and implementing all the activities related to the reestablishment of the family link of the ICRC Kirkuk Sub-Delegation in coherence with the respective guidelines.
– Develops and maintains a relevant network of interlocutors that facilitate the implementation of the activities, and promote ICRC’s mandate and activities.
– Ensures the centralization of the various requests, ensure guidelines are being correctly applied, and is prepared to offer coaching when needed.
– Supports the Protection delegates in the collection of requests from the families, processes them and ensures their proper follow-up.
– Supports the Protection Delegates in ensuring the distribution of Red Cross messages and distributes them directly through field trips.
– Centralizes all the family requests into a Database: exchange of messages, allegations of arrests, attestation of detention, Salamat, etc.
– Updates information of beneficiaries including personal and contact information, new activities and services provided.
– Acts as Data focal point; providing updated statistics, trends and reports when requested.
– Answers the helpline, provides information on open cases and advises or refers the enquirer to the concerned structure or department.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
– High school or professional diploma.
– 3 – 5 years’ work experience in a similar field.
– Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
– Good computer skills.
– Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment.
– Good analytical skills.
– Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
– good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
– ability to draft clearly and concisely.
– demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
– ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
– ability to work under pressure.
– personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
– Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Explorer.
– Delivering at pace, collaborating, making effective decisions.
– Managing quality service, demonstrating resilience.
– Accepts and gives constructive criticism.
– Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
– Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
– Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress.
– Takes joint responsibility for team’s work.