View more 6 years ago
- Operate ACTED’s common storage unit, under supervision from the Logistics Officer;
- Stock management for material handled in ACTED warehouses as delegated by Country Logistics Officer and Country Logistics Manager,
- Other Property management as delegated by the Country logistics Officer and Country Logistics Manager,
- Flexible approach to work and willingness to assist Logistics and Coordination departments with different aspects of logistics work depending on specific needs at different phases of the project.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Oversee daily workers and forklift under his / her supervision, follow up on assigned tasks to completion and translate requests from Coordination to daily workers,
- Prepare attendance sheets for daily workers under his / her supervision,
- Assist the appropriate filling of movements documents
- Maintain accurate paper records in accordance with the ACTED FLATS manual, making copies of all documents in accordance with ACTED document flow.
- Ensure that stock is kept in a secure, clean and orderly environment, following the best safety and handling policies available;
- Guarantee the duly physical reception and issuing of stock including assistance with loading / unloading, stock inspection and the appropriate quantity of daily workers according to ACTED policies;
- Inspect consignments, trucks and stocks;
- Perform counting exercises and update stock cards;
- Draft all stock management documents including waybills, reception voucher, stock cards and logbooks;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory records and ensure that inventory reports are immediately available for external partners as required. Notify any capacity or inventory problems on a timely matter.
- Ensure only authorized personnel are in the warehouse premises;
- Ensure all labours are identified;
- Ensure the cleaning and safety of the warehouse;
- Collect information from drivers, partners and other visitors
- Prepare safe and efficient stacks, prepare pallets for storage, repack, kit or adjust packaging as per request from supervisors;
- Follow material-handling procedures according to ACTED’s policies;
- Maintain all handling equipment, structures and other equipment;
Other property management
- Perform maintenance of ACTED properties;
- Report any damages to ACTED property to the Logistics Officer, and ensure the operational capacity of premises;
- Supervise labours and service providers on the duly maintenance of the warehouse
- Maintain proper security and good housekeeping of both premises and stock
Flexible approach to work
- Proactively assist with all logistics functions as requested by the Country Logistics Officer and Country Logistics Manager.
- Adapt to the emergency context and accept alternative working hours and changes in the operation.
- Preferable education level: Professional education
- A minimum of 1 years of professional experience in a similar position. Previous experience with INGO an asset.
- Experience in warehouse management is an asset
- Writing skills
- Mathematical skills
- The candidate has to be diligent and careful
- Good organization skills and good ability to keep records