The Supply Chain Assistant will work under the supervision of the Supply Chain Officer. The Supply Chain Assistant is a key position within the unit and carries responsibility for the integrity of the IRC’s Supply Chain system. Supply Chain Assistant must be able to rapidly respond to the programs and operation’s needs, while ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
- Assist in procurement to be carried out in accordance to IRC Iraq and donor-specific polices.
- Provide procurement services as required, including identifying vendors, getting quotes for approved purchasesand submitting them to the Suppy Chain Officer.
- Managing intake and release of items from stocks.
- Work with the Suppy Chain Officer to provide regular updates on the order and delivery of supplies.
- Verify that all supplies, services and equipment ordered are delivered in quality and quantities requested, in timely fashion.
- Maintain supplier information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Maintain up-to-date price list for regularly procured goods and services.
- Collaborate with Suppy Chain Officer to respond to requests from programs in a timely and meaningful fashion.
- Respond to requests received related to general office/ guesthouse administration, cleaning and supply purchase.
- Ensure that all IRC premises are well maintained
- Ensure that all IRC assets and equipment are well maintained
- Implement and update asset tracking and filing system and ensure transfer of appropriate documents to Supply Chain in Erbil.
- Build and maintain an organized filling system for waybills, inventory records and other logistic records.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- General knowledge of procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Two years work experience in procurement/Logistics/ premises and asset management.
- Competent in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Competent use of PC, especially spreadsheets.
- Undergraduate education certificate preferred.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Humanitarian spirit.