The social worker will contribute to drive forward INTERSOS’s program focusing on people with special/protection and educational needs, making necessary referrals, facilitating coordination amongst relevant agencies, and increasing knowledge and awareness within the community about social/protection related issues. The social worker will be responsible, along with the community mobilizer, for the implementation of specific activities, including need assessment on the field.
- Be responsible for the identification, assessment, documentation, and referral (to relevant services) and follow-up of children, individuals and families.
- Supervises the design and implementation of activities, ensuring participation of the Community.
- Ensure the overall implementation plan (weekly and monthly) of the activities along with the community mobilizer in the assigned areas.
- Conduct visits to vulnerable families, assess their needs and report accordingly
- Assess the potential of the community to establish a community-based support system for the vulnerable cases.
- Provide social counseling, awareness, guidance, and emotional support when needed.
- Provide information and advise the beneficiaries on existing social services and how to access them.
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding IDPs situation, critical case.
- Ensure proper documentation of data collected (hard and soft copies).
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection and contribute to data entry on regular basis as per the standard monitoring formats.
- Prepare weekly/monthly reports for the Education Field Activity Coordinator in coordination with Education Coordinator.
- In coordination with Community Mobilizer and under the supervision of Education Field Activity Coordinator, develop need assessment on the field regarding access to education.
- Setting up necessary measures and create conducive environment to ensure confidentiality and to secure sensitive information.
- Liaise with local stakeholders, specialized agencies and service providers, government bodies for strengthening joint planning and synergies for community participation.
- Write field visit daily reports on major findings, needs and problems faced.
- Propose new activities according to identified needs and suggest solutions for problems encountered with activities.
- Any other activities not mentioned above necessary to guarantee effective implementation of the project.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Previous experience with INGOs required.
- Previous experience in developing need assessment.
- Experience in provision of basic emotional support.
- Previous experience in implementing recreational activities, entertainment and cultural initiatives highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the assigned project areas at short notice and spend extendedperiods with communities.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Basic IT knowledge and skills.
- Fluency in Arabic is MANDATORY; English.