View more 5 years ago
Work as an important member of a diverse team who are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care. Support Medair’s Sinjar team through driving, facilities maintenance and procurement support.
- Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
- Respect the Medair values at all times, both within and outside of working hours.
- Know, understand, and comply with Medair internal policies and procedures.
- Adhere to Medair Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) regulations.
- Be prepared to work in Sinjar District, Ninewa and Duhok Governorate and to relocate at short notice.
- Work closely with all members of the ER health team to provide the highest possible quality of care.
Vehicle Control & Driving:
- Responsibility for driving Medair staff carefully and safely, for meetings or travel mainly within Snouni, Sinjar District and from Dohuk to Snouni. Most often travel to Dohuk and returning the same day.
- Driving the MMU team and other Medair team members to clinic locations in Ninewa Governate as required.
- Conduct daily and weekly vehicle checks in accordance with Medair fleet manual
- Ensure the vehicle is maintained in accordance with Medair fleet manual
- Clean vehicle inside and outside on a regular basis
- Keep full and accurate record of all trips
- Transport and organise the loading/unloading of Medair goods and supplies to and from various destinations as required.
- Ensure non-Medair passengers have prior approval from Medair managers and ensure waivers are signed by said passengers before travel.
- Provide assistance for base operations in Sinjar office and accommodation:
- Facilities (including generator) maintenance, repairs, other logistics processes.
- Provide assistance with loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Support the Logistics team in preparations for guests and new staff members.
- Regular purchasing of consumable supplies for the office and accommodations as requested by the Logistics Assistant.
- Ensure that Medair is receiving good “value for money” on all items purchased
- Supporting the Logistics Assistant in finding and meeting with new suppliers
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Professional driving or logistics experience
- 3 year accident-free driving,
- 4×4 driving experience
- Basic logistics experience
- Spoken and written Kurdish and English
- Able to maintain vehicle logs
- Able to accurately input Excel data
- Good communication & interpersonal skills
- Good time management
- Good negotiating skills