The Consultant will depend on RI’s available data and information for writing a KAP survey report. The Consultant may also need to design any further assessment document that would be required for writing the report. This study is planned to document the knowledge, attitude and practice of key and Health and WASH indicators in the target IDPs in Anbar, Baghdad and Salah al-Din governorates. The findings will be used as a baseline on the Health and WASH indicators of the current WHIP project and to make decisions to improve the current Health and WASH support to the IDPs as defined in the project log frame. Specifically, the study will aim to:
- Assess the current community’s knowledge, attitude, practice and beliefs regarding health, water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Assess the level of knowledge and skills in delivering key WASH messages and identify health and WASH issues to be addressed.
- Assess the overall community promotion approach and knowledge and skills of community promoters, if any.
- Identify barriers of the uptake of key health, hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Establish existing gaps in water, sanitation and hygiene facilities and services the targeted IDPs with a view of supporting improvement of the facilities and services.
- Assess the possibility of integration of the project with the other ongoing projects in the respective target areas.
The Consultant will be required to carry out following tasks:
- Design or review the survey methodology, and develop comprehensive tools for data collection accordingly.
- Review project log-frame, proposal, existing KAP questionnaire and other key documents and refine questionnaires accordingly.
- Train data collectors on the use of questionnaire and data collection methodology.
- Data analysis and compilation of a comprehensive survey report
- Prepare and submit final survey reports and data sets to RI in soft and hard copy.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Degree in Public Health/WASH or other relevant technical areas. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with WASH /KAP surveys.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel.
- Demonstrable ability at report writing and excellent communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.