Essential job functions:
- Support the Program Manager for project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary identification, distribution site selection, planning and implementing the distributions, working with partners and hawala providers, and facilitating monitoring. .
- Contribute to all field work, including identifying beneficiaries and vendors, participating in distributions, monitoring and supporting beneficiaries during the shopping periods, coordinating with mukhtars and other stakeholders and other field-based tasks as assigned.
- Support the Program Manager for managing the program team on a day-to-day basis and create a positive atmosphere for professional growth.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders in the urban displaced and host communities in order to ensure smooth implementation and prompt management of any conflicts. Foster excellent relationships with the NGOs, local government and mukhtars in the project’s areas of operation.
- Ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the program staff. This includes interviewing beneficiaries for communications materials and case studies.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Contribute to providing the Program Manager with up-to-date information on the affected and targeted community and coordinates beneficiary lists and numbers with different stakeholders.
- Adhere to all MC area of operations and transport/ logistics information related to programming.
- Conduct monitoring and data collection as directed by the Program Manager, assisting with specific surveys or assessments as needed
- Ensure effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with donor and Mercy Corps policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Mercy Corps partner and support them in all aspects of their work on this program.
- Support the partner with their documentation of all distributions.
- Verify information on distributions by liaising with local government and other partners in the area of operation
- File all distributions on a daily basis so that daily reporting can take place for the donor.
- Support finance in the payment to partners on a monthly basis
- Liaise with local government to track the movement of IDP populations to guarantee the partner is distributing to the people who need it most.
- Verify distribution lists to make sure duplication is not taking place.
Knowledge and experience:
- BA/S in relevant field required; MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required. Experience managing a team preferred.
- Prior experience implementing distributions is required, preferably in a non-camp setting. Experience with cash distributions strongly preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation and other learning efforts required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Proficiency with MS Office software required (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Professional proficiency in English and Arabic required. The candidate should be able to communicate at a professional level with staff, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- A passion for humanitarian work and helping displaced people to live independently in the KR.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and communicate effectively with team members of varied work styles, follow procedures, and meet deadlines.
- Promotes a culture of accountability in handling cash and all paperwork according to high standards of accuracy and compliance to ensure smooth processing of payments.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to implement a complex program according to procedures and high standards of compliance.
- Demonstrated understanding of the compliance and security needs of a cash distribution project.
- Ability to understand the components of the project, design workplans for staff members, and promote accountability to deadlines in light of time-sensitive nature of this project.
- Sensitive to the protection and gender concerns of beneficiaries; demonstrating a strong sense of empathy and dignity for Syrian refugees, Iraqi Arab and Kurd displaced people, and host community members.
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to learn quickly, take initiative, and be accountable for results.
- Conscientious, with an excellent sense of judgment.
The most successful Mercy Corps staff member has a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, and makes effective communication a priority in all situations. Flexibility about work assignments and processes is necessary in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment, coupled with the ability to respond to many new and unpredictable challenges in a demanding program.
Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps
Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply