Work under direct supervision of the project manager and the project coordinator in carrying out activities under the project “Adolescent/Youth Leadership and Community Participation for Social Cohesion.
He/She will be working with IDP, Refugees and host community’s ADs/youth providing them training and mentoring. Some of the functions include:
- He/She will be required to work at the Youth Centers and in the surrounded areas for the duration of the project.
- Coordinate daily with the project manager and project coordinator about the activities implemented;
- Plan and shape activities (contents, target groups,approach) in close collaboration with the coordinator and under supervision of the project manager
- Collect monitoring data and filling forms for all the youth beneficiaries in coordination with the trainers/teachers..
- Report to project coordinator of any problems regarding the youths and the project’s implementation, or in case of any unforeseen developments that substantially alters the projects aims and objectives.
- Additional functions based on programme requirements.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- University degree in education or social sciences or what is related
- Previous experience in working with NGOs at least 2 years.
- Previous experience mentoring and working with youth and adolescents.
- Ability to lead, monitoring, community mobilization
- Creative mind, solutions-oriented and conflict-solving attitude
- Previous experience on involving host community, IDPs and refugees and other minority groups.
- Experience on understanding their culture, traditions and living conditions without any kind of prejudices.
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish strongly required, and English is an asset
- Knowledge of child protection, GBV and gender-equality is an asset
- Possessing Kurdish residency permit