The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for supporting the safety and security Coordinator in maintaining safe and secure environment and assess operational environment continuously in Kirkuk – Iraq in compliance with the SC Iraq safety and security management system: Safety and Security Management Plan (SSMP), Critical Incident Management Plan (CIMP), Safe Driver Manual.
- Fully understand the SCI Iraq’s safety and security related manuals and documents
- Support line manager (Safety and Security Coordinator) in ensuring that all SCI staff/facilitators have completed/received necessary trainings (online personal safety and security E-course. First aid and fire extinguisher)
- Assist in updating the emergency communication contact list (“tree”) on at least a monthly basis
- Support line manager (Security Coordinator) regularly by assessing communications needs, Ensuring availability of appropriate communications technology.
- Monitor fire extinguishers and First Aid equipment in all SCI compounds (Office. Guesthouse. CFS and NFEs) on monthly basis for serviceability
- Use SCI standard reporting protocols to immediately report all incidents to line manager (Safety and Security Coordinator)
- Liaise with the Fleet to manage/coordinate car use, particularly to coordinate for project activity implementation
- Ensure that all vehicles are properly equipped with safety requirements, Maintained and driven per SCI Safe Driver Manual content.
- Ensure that all field movements are conducted in accordance with SCI procedures and policies
- Perform any other safety and security related duties once it’s requested by line manager (Safety and Security Coordinator).
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- At least bachelor degree and at least one-year comparable experience in managing/supporting operations.
- Good working knowledge of threat assessment, risk mitigation and ability to work on acceptance strategy.
- Medium level of experience/understanding of various communications technologies, Satellite phones, cell phones, etc.
- Good knowledge/experience of tracking fire extinguisher and first aid.
- Basic experience/knowledge of GPS use and its content
- Fluency in Arabic – reading and writing skills are must. English is advantage
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.