Support qualitative research into the determinants of hand washing behavior among displaced populations.
Objective 1: Assist the lead research in data collection and analysis
- In the first week, the Research Assistant will receive training on the methods that will be used and have an opportunity to practice them.
- The Research Assistant will provide inputs into how to adapt the methods to the local context.
- During the fieldwork the Research Assistant will spend each day in either camps or host communities in Dohuk Governorate speaking with IDPs and will work alongside the lead researcher at all times.
- The Research Assistant will also participate actively in data collection.
- At the end of each day the Research Assistant will work with the lead researcher to reflect on what was learned, the methods, and begin to develop a preliminary analysis.
Objective 2: Translate and transcribe data
The Research Assistant will translate and transcribe all of the discussions from the interviews and focus group discussions and will send these to the lead researcher after the field work is complete.
Translation to be done from Kurdish or Arabic to English
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
You hold a tertiary degree or masters in any of the following: social sciences, anthropology, humanities, community development, public health or other similar field.
You have experience in conducting field research, preferably of a qualitative nature and are familiar withrking with displaced populations
General skills required:
- Understanding of the local context and of qualitative methods
- Willing to learn and be reflective about their practice
- Able to develop a good rapport with research participants
- Hardworking and meticulous
- Teamwork skills.