View more 7 years ago
- Generic responsibilities :
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated Rapid Response project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Monitors security events that could trigger displacements in the areas of interest.
- Ready to be deployed to areas of new displacements within 24hrs notice.
- Liaise with community leaders, local authorities and security forces to enable access of field teams in the areas of operation.
- Leads the team in the field and ensures that the distribution sites are organized according to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for the management of field teams and in charge of security for field teams.
- Responsible for the security of the staff in the field.
- Ensures project objectives are communicated to NRC’s beneficiaries during distributions.
- Lead field based multi-sectoral assessments in areas experiencing new displacements.
- Liaise with the logistics/finance/security teams whenever needed in the NFI/cash distribution; ensures the items are available in the warehouse and transported to the field.
- Specific responsibilities:
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure that field data collection is in line with reporting requirements.
- Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Overall good understanding of the political context in Iraq, with focus on conflict zones.
- Overall good knowledge of geography, local population and local language in the areas of operational interests.
- Previous experience working with NFI and cash distributions in an NGO.
- Experience with conducting multi sectoral assessments.
- Ability to show leadership in a multi-cultural team.
- Fluent in Arabic both spoken and writing. Kurdish language is an asset.
- Competencies in all computer related tasks including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good understanding of community participation, and very good ability to communicate with beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage high/low workload depending on emergencies.
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision in a challenging environment.
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- The starting salary for the position is IQD 2,535,366
- Health Insurance
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected