View more 5 years ago
The RPA Assistant is responsible for supporting a range of protection activities under the RPA project, including translation and interpretation services to ensure appropriate, accurate, and smooth communication between the persons of concern and RPA staff. The position will support the RPA team in reporting, including translation (Arabic/English), and during field assessments throughout the country. The post holder works in close cooperation and coordination with governorate Focal Point Team Leaders and RPA team members and reports to the RPA Project Manager.
- Reports to: RPA Manager
- Subordinates: No direct subordinates
Under the overall supervision of the Rapid Protection Assessment (RPA) Manager, and in support of RPA field staff, provide translation and interpretation to ensure appropriate, accurate, and smooth communication between the persons of concern and DRC and RPA staff. The position will support the RPA team in reporting, including translation (Arabic/English) and during field assessments throughout the country.
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited, to the following:
- Provide translation and interpretation for RPA field staff during site and field visits and RPA training events, as required;
- Provide timely translation of reports, documents, and tools (ArabiclEnglish);
- Support the promotion of a participatory approach to RPA activities in the sites;
- Contribute to the continuous advocacy for increased communications with persons of concern throughout DRC units, duty bearers and other humanitarian actors;
- Contribute to maintaining and strengthening DRC’s relations with the displaced communties;
- Enhance and facilitate discussion on main protection concerns and response capacity within the displaced communities;
- Ensure dissemination of clear and reliable information on service provision and other pre-selected key topics;
- Conduct information sessions, record feedback (comments, suggestions) and report results back to Protection Officer on issues of concern with recommended areas of intervention;
- Other tasks as required by the RPA Manager, to support DRC’s activities implementation
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq program Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in strict accordance with DRC Code of Conduct and the principle of confidentiality.
- Ensure transparency and DRC’s positive regard and reputation within communities.
- This position requires travel between base/sub-offices/community centers/mobile centers nationally.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English and Arabic skills are required. All candidates will undergo a language test with a native speaker.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as a strong advantage
- Computer skills preferred
- High professional ethics, including respect for all persons of concern
- Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 (two) years;
- Full respect for client/organization confidentiality.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people with special needs and other vulnerable populations.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Iraq. The position will be based in Erbil with regular travel (including Anbar, Duhok, Baghdad, Ninewa, and Salah al-din).
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, working with different groups, partners and nationalities
- Strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of nationality, race, gender or age.
- Interest in protection and desire to learn more about human rights, international law, and humanitarian principles;
- Flexibility, creativeness, tolerance and maturity
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills including sensitivity
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivation, goal/result-orientation and team work
- High regard toward preserving confidentiality of work-related information and data
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of local communities and customary rules
- Punctuality and respect for applicable rules and procedures
- Ethical and transparent decision-making
- Independent work, i.e. with minimal supervision and under pressure
- Excellent in spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interested? Apply for this position by clicking HERE then click Apply for position. All applicants should send a cover letter and an updated CV no longer than four pages, both in English. Your CV should also include contact details of three professional referees.