To ensure the work of Logistics department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Logistician to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Logistic officer in Kirkuk Sub-Delegation:
- Handles current purchases for ICRC medium/large operation and/or for sectors of importance.
- Submits various offers to logistics department and administration and ensures
correct purchasing procedures.
- Carries out statistics for the unit.
- Takes part in the selection of suppliers.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High school or professional diploma.
- 3 – 5 years work experience in a similar field.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- Very good computer skills (Oracle, JDE a plus).
- Good capacity for negotiation and communication.
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
- ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- ability to work under pressure.
- personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems and actively shares relevant information.
- Sets clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Delivering at pace, collaborating, making effective decisions.
- Managing quality service and demonstrating resilience.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism.
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies.
- Monitors own work to correct errors.
- Actively shares relevant information.