View more 5 years ago
- Collect purchase requests (local order sheets) from the line manager and/or technical adviser.
- Seek products that offer good value for money, negotiate the best prices, clarify requests where necessary and complete purchase orders.
- Secure stable resources: constantly look for new suppliers to supply the undertaking at the best prices and within the shortest time frames, and maintain links with those suppliers in order to ensure a stable supply of goods.
- When a quotation is requested (noted on the order sheet), obtain at least three quotations (in sealed envelopes) from local merchants or tradesmen, with all the necessary information: price, description of the goods, name and address of the supplier.
- If necessary, based on the information provided by the line manager, launch invitations to tender, in accordance with the MSF procedures. Forward the results of such activities to the line manager and lead any subsequent commercial relationships.
- Determine the quantities to buy, taking into account internal demand, the order book, product availability forecasts (shortages/surpluses), delivery times, budgets and other relevant factors, in conjunction with the line manager.
- If possible, ask the supplier to package the goods in a professional manner, ready to be shipped
- Deliver goods to the Warehouse Manager, after checking the quality and quantity (against the purchase order), thus formalising delivery of the goods to the warehouse
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Very good communication, negotiation and organizational skills, flexibility, versatility, attention to detail, ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, quick decision-making and prompt action, open-mindedness, curiosity, openness to new ideas, creativity, smart appearance, dynamism.