To ensure delivery of the public health promotion activities in Kirkuk governorate through local partners and direct implementation, coordinate with PHP TTL for technical guidance and support the program manager to supervise the day to day PHP activities to ensure effective implementation of PHP programme activities in the targeted locations.
- Work closely with PHP TTL and Program manager and contribute to the design of PHP strategy to design, plan and implement public health promotion activities in targeted locations.
- Assist local partners in selection of the materials, equipment, and resources for the public health / hygiene promotion and community participation activities with suitable technical specifications and assuring quality.
- Work closely with PHP TTL and Oxfam partner and contribute to the development of culturally appropriate relevant IEC (Information Education and Communication) materials
- Assist partner PHP staff to conduct training for community groups (adult and children), community volunteers, WASH committees and on context relevant and culturally appropriate IEC material and public health promotion relevant topics for promoting key good public health promotion practices. In case of direct implementation conduct the activities directly.
- Participation in the preparation, planning and performance of the health and hygiene promotion and community participation activities of the project.
- Assist the health and hygiene and community participation technical team in their charge. Selection, supervision, training and/or coaching and evaluation of the personnel under their responsibility mainly partner staff.
- Supervise NFI distribution in coordination with other Oxfam sectors, other NGOs/Partners and local authorities and ensure the distributions are done properly.
- Ensure that PHP activities take gender and protection issues fully into account. This includes the introduction of mechanisms to enable women to participate in decision making around PHP issues.
- Ensure that all the activities implemented through partner and direct are in compliance with sphere, national WASH cluster standards and Oxfam quality standards and policies and procedures
- Actively participate in weekly management and team meetings.
- Coordinate, arrange and participate in meetings with Oxfam partner
- Coordinate hygiene promotion and community (mobilization, participation and engagement) activities with the other agencies, local partner and actors carrying out similar activities.
- Attend health and/or hygiene promotion working group or WASH cluster co-ordination meetings in area of operation.
- Ensure program integration between the PHP and PHE Teams throughout the planning, design and implementation stages to create synergy effects.
Program design, MEAL (Monitor, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) and reporting:
- Supervise/Lead Public Health Promotion assessments in coordination with the program manager, PHP Technical Team Leader, local partners and with other Oxfam sectors (PHE, EFSVL, Gender, Protection and MEAL)
- To assess emergency needs of the targeted communities as required, especially taking in the broader perspective of Public Health.
- Define indicators and ensure the collection of data and statistics and implement monitoring systems to supervise and evaluate the impact of the health and hygiene promotion activities.
- Conduct reviews, learning events, surveys at project locations in coordination with the MEAL team.
- Conduct data collection related to public health and protection indicators (at household, community and health centre level)
- Contribute to regular program activity reports, donor reports, and new proposals narratives / budgets when required by the line management
- Report regularly, verbally and in writing to the line management and to represent Oxfam to other NGO’s, agencies and Government authorities where requested.
- Collect regular reports from Oxfam partners and provide timely feedback to them.
- Ensure all the updates for public health promotion activities are reported on activity info/4W matrix
- Ensure Accountability in WASH programming is implemented, (this includes supporting compliant/feedback mechanisms and community engagement)
- When required support HR in PHP recruitments, partner PHP staff or volunteer recruitment, this includes writing Job description, interviews, etc.
- Ensure partner PHP staff are fully inducted in Oxfam’s ways of working, Aims and Values.
- Provide capacity building to local partners and volunteers implementing Oxfam programming
- Ensure PHP team understand and adhere to Oxfam’s Code of Conduct
Delivering any other responsibility assigned by the line management.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor/Master degree in a relevant discipline (preferably, Nursing, Public health, community development) or other relevant fields.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in appropriate community mobilisation, public health promotion, distributions and trainings etc.
- Experience essential, ideally with an NGO, with proven application at field level
- Good analytical skills demonstrated through proven experience in working in relevant project monitoring systems, assessments etc
- Considerable experience of training and capacity building
- Well developed interpersonal and team management skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situation.
- Good Knowledge on finance and budget management will be an asset
- Community mobilization skills
- Strong commitment and sympathy to Oxfam aims and values – which are inclusiveness, diversity and accountability. This also includes commitment to Equal Opportunities (e.g.: gender, race, disability).
- Good in speaking and writing English
- Perfect knowledge of local languages (Arabic, Kurdish, Turkmen
- Computer illiterate, knowledge of Excel, Word and power point
- Able to travel and work in conflict affected areas.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.