The Health Professionals are responsible for the aiding the hygiene promotors in the Scabies, Leishmaniosis, and diarrhea campaign for the Mosul Response WASH project. Their primary objective is to improve the overall hygiene of internally displaced persons and refugees. The Health Professional assists the hygiene promotors in identifying and confirming Scabies, Leishmaniosis, and Diarrhea infections. Additionally, they will prescribe permethrin treatment, refer Leishmaniosis cases and aid in educating IDP’s to improve hygiene practices, with the long term goal of improving behavior change. The Health Professional will also assist the team leader in assessing all WASH needs of beneficiaries both to identify hygiene gaps and support the water and sanitation sectors with relevant beneficiary data. Performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
- Identify cases of Scabies, Leishmaniosis, and Diarrhea in the Villages
- Assist in Education of beneficiaries in the villages with other Hygiene promoters
- Identify hygiene problems amongst beneficiaries and assist in the design of a relevant hygiene intervention, such as a hygiene kit distribution, an infrastructure upgrade (such as hand washing stations) or a targeted hygiene promotion program
- Implement surveys as directed by the hygiene team leader
- Implement hygiene promotion activities for the team leader
- Assist in the reporting of hygiene team activities
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the hygiene team leader
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith be able to work with a team, be a good representative of Samaritans Purse and our values, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a good understanding of Arabic language (speaking, reading, writing)
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Ability to use GIS tools
- Ability to work on multiple projects with little supervision.
Education / Experience Needed
- Education and a degree from an accredited university in Public Health, Medicine or equivalent medical profession with 2 years or practicing experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ practical work experience working with vulnerable communities in the field of water, sanitation, hygiene or public health
- Experience working with the UN or (International/ national Non-Governmental Organizations is desirable
- Experience working with children is an asset.
- Proven experience in community mobilization, training and or teaching
- Experience in speech and conversation
- Arabic required, and Kurdish and English strongly preferred