- The Psychiatrist will deliver Mental Health services to the Persons of Concern and will operate within a structured case-management system.
- The Psychiatrist will build capacity on the mhGAP-HIG package, by training the health staff of the Primary Healthcare Center in the Camp as well as UPP health/non health staff.
Mental Health service delivery
- Delivers Mental Health services to Persons of Concern in need for Mental Health assistance;
- Develops mental health care plans, which are individualized, patient-centered and mutually agreed on with the Persons of Concern as well as in line with the highest International quality standards;
- Prescribes medications and follows-up their effectiveness and safety profiles.
- Together with the Mental Heath Focal Point, designs UPP drugs procurement policies, in line with the WHO Model List of Essential Medicines.
- Evaluates the satisfaction of the Persons of Concern on the quality of mental health services provided.
- Works closely with other professionals of the UPP multi-disciplinary teams (Psychosocial Counsellors, Community Workers, and Field Coordinators) within a structured case-management system;
- Participates to the case-management team meetings and supports the team in identifying cases in need of intensive case-management.
- Fills the data collection forms, in line with UPP Health Information Systems (HIS);
- Together with the Field Coordinator, monitors and maintains Persons of Concern’s files;
- Supports the Field Coordinator and the Project Manager in reporting activities;
- Submits monthly reports to the Mental Health Focal Points, the Field Coordinator, and the Project Manager.
- Trains UPP staff in mhGAP-HIG
- Together with the Project Manager, organises and trains Primary Healthcare Centers staff in mhGAP-HIG as well as UPP staff;
- Monitors and follows-up the effectiveness of the mhGAP-HIG training.
Communication and collaborations
- Communicates and collaborates with different other actors in the MHPSS sector, inside and outside the Camp as well as with the National Authorities;
- Organizes or participates in Inter-Agency Case-Management Meetings and in other relevant technical meetings.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- A degree in Psychiatry is mandatory;
- Registration in the Directorate of Health in Erbil (DoH-Erbil) is mandatory;
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is mandatory;
- Knowlegde of Kurdish is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office package;
- Experience of a minimum of 3 years is mandatory;
- Committment with all the requirements of the position.