Under the direct supervision of the Protection Monitor team leader or the Protection Manager, the Protection Monitor will be responsible to conducts mobile field visits at least 4 times a week to villages, camps and other informal settlements in Salah al-Din governorate to meet with persons of concern within the community and, conduct household assessments / community assessments / key informants interviews, identifies individuals at risk and humanitarian needs, offers general information and counseling support to the people of concern and refer people identified with specific needs to other IRC programme (Legal, Cash, GBV, Child Protection, etc) / UNHCR / other agencies.
- Conducts community and households assessments through field visits in villages, camps and other informal settlements with persons of concern within the community and identifies individuals at risk and humanitarian needs according to monthly work plan Under the guidance of the Protection Monitor Team Leader / Protection manager, facilitate Focus Group Discussions amongst Persons of Concern in the field on selected protection concerns. Offers general information to the PoCs on services available Refer cases of vulnerable people to the Protection Monitor Team Leader / Protection Manager for referral to other IRC departments (Legal, Cash, Child Protection, GBV).
- Report to the Protection Monitor Team Leader / Protection Manager and Protection Coordinator any immediate protection concerns or protection needs witnessed in the field. Assist the Protection Monitor Team Leader / Protection manager in dealing with cases that need both legal and protection interventions with a focus on the following cases: eviction, forced displacement, detention, confiscation/missing / damaged civil documentation issues, Housing Land and Properties issues, child protection concerns, GBV concerns, etc.
- Works with the Protection Monitor team leader to network with UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, local authorities and any other service providers in order to map service networks for referral
- Support Protection Monitor Team Leader in the reporting of qualitative and quantitative data and information on the protection activities.
- Works to strengthen IRC’s relationship with community leaders in order to maintain good access to POCs
- Supports Protection Monitor team leader / Protection manager to conduct advocacy on behalf of the community
- Conduct additional other duties assigned by supervisors in support of the protection programme.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor degree in sociology/psychology.
- At least two years of experience in social work.
- Previous humanitarian experience preferred
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles
- Good communication skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities.
- High standard of spoken and written Arabic and English
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
- Experience in regular report writing.