Under the line management of the Senior Area Coordinator and technical management of the Protection Coordinator, the Protection Manager in Anbar will oversee the implementation of the UNHCR project and other protection and legal related projects. The Protection Manager will line manage the protection monitoring and legal teams as well as the database officer, with the technical support of the Legal manager and Protection coordinator.
The PARC/Protection Manager will be responsible for organising the work of the protection monitoring and legal teams in the field, according to the harmonized tools of the protection programme, establishing and monitoring weekly/by-weekly and monthly workplans of protection visits, cases received, referrals and advocacy. He/she will also be responsible for ensuring the quality implementation of the projects and timely submission of reports, and answer requests for information in a timely fashion. The Protection Manager will coordinate with other stakeholders in the field in order to maximize the protection response in Anbar governorate.
- Managing all day to day Protection and Legal activities in the governorate as per the Protection and Rule of Law project proposals, and serving as the primary focal point of the IRC Protection Programme in the governorate.
- In consultation with the Protection Coordinator, establishes a monthly work plan for all program activities including:
- A monthly protection monitoring field visit plan based on locations of UNHCR PoCs and MoDM data, with bi-weekly/weekly updates depending on the situation and events.
- A monthly field visit planning for the lawyers, depending on the referred cases and sites identified as in need of legal assistance, with bi-weekly/weekly updates depending on the situation and events
- Establishing and monitor a monthly advocacy/networking plan.
- Monthly updates on :
- the Indicator Tracking system online
- the Budget forecast for the following month
- the cash forecast for the following month
- the workplan
- check the BvAs and the transactions for Anbar governorates and coordinates with the Senior Protection manager / Protection Coordinator for recoding wrong transactions
- the support documentation for legal fees and other Petty Cash reimbursement, in cooperation with all relevant staff in Anbar office (lawyers, legal team leaders, monitors, protection monitor team leaders) and admin staff in Baghdad
- follow-up of procurement plans
- Supports the professional development of all direct reports, and follow-up on all Human Ressource issues in Anbar for the Protection team
- Responsible to raise and follow-up PRs in coordination with the Senior Protection Manager and Protection Coordinator
- Responsible on a monthly basis to purchase office supplies
Project development and Reporting
- Participate in Grants Opening Meetings, Grants Review Meetings and Grants closing meetings, and follow-up on the action points relating to Anbar.
- Collects, revises and submits weekly reports in Arabic from Monitors and Lawyers and translated protection data from the Reporting/Database Officer and submits them to the Senior Protection Manager or Protection coordinator/Reporting Officer in Baghdad in a timely manner, ensuring deadlines are respected.
- Leads the consolidation of non-legal service provider data and non-legal referrals to establish effective referral pathways, and ensure follow-up os referred cases
- Support the Legal team leader in weekly data collection and reports, as per Sr Protection manager and Protection Coordinator’s guidance
- Supports Senior Protection Manager and Protection Coordinator in donor’s report, ensuring respect of the deadlines.
- Supports Senior Protection Manager and Protection Coordination on ad-hoc reports required related with Anbar.
- Participate in project and budget developments related to new projects / activities in Anbar.
- Assists in drafting monthly protection monitoring reports as directed by Senior PARC Management, finalizing monthly report according to donor/IRC standards.
- Coordinates with all stakeholders (Local authority, NGOs, etc.) and seeks out new partnerships and collaborations to improve service delivery.
- Participates to relevant coordination meetings as well as donor’s meetings, as per Senior Protection Manager and Protection Coordinator’s requests, and provides feedback on the meetings right afterwards.
- Responsible for all financial, administrative, and operations work related to the governorate including drafting of request for payment and collection of documents to be submitted to the Deputy Programme Manager-Ops.
- Monitors and records all documents related to budget revision (including vehicle and tele-communication log sheets).
- Any other duties requested from the Senior Program Manager or Senior Management to support the program.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Very strong values in term of ethics and morals
- Strong understanding of project management steps and requirements
- Degree in social sciences, Law or another relevant field.
- Excellent drafting and oral communication skills in Arabic (bilingual drafting and oral communication skills in Arabic and English is preferred).
- At least 2 years of experience preferably in project assessment and/or management (experience working in remote management preferable)
- Understanding of monitoring and evaluation in the context of programming
- Good understanding of IDPs challenges and Iraqi laws
- Understanding of international human rights and Iraqi law.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office operations including Word, Excel and Power Point