We are seeking to hire an International Program Director to manage programming to protect and empower vulnerable Iraqis through MHPSS service delivery. The successful candidate will be an experienced program manager with prior experience in MHPSS and SGBV programming with displaced persons. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person who is able to lead development, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation.
We are seeking a candidate to start in September 2017, to be based in Erbil, KRI on a twelve-month contract. This position includes relocation expenses and housing allowance.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead responsibility for programmatic, technical and administrative management of the program including quality assurance, monitoring, and documentation of results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of vulnerable groups.
- Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met.
- Supervise and manage all program staff.
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
- Lead in the implementation of the program’s strategy to meet the needs of survivors and strengthen support mechanisms.
- Develop practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Provide training to program staff.
- Ensure the ethical management of case data and systems, ensuring that data collection informs improved service delivery.
- Develop and lead the implementation of plans for outreach with the target community.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Participate in Mental Health Working Group and SGBV Sub-Working Group meetings.
- Develop strategic partnerships with local organizations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Work closely with program partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Working closely with the M&E Manager, devise program M&E plan.
- Ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course correction as necessary.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on time and that reports are of a high quality.
Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Supervise, train and build the capacity of program staff.
- Devise development plans for all staff members.
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with SEED’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending is on track.
- Degree in social work, psychology, development or other related field desired.
- At least three years of experience in MHPSS and SGBV programming.
- At least five years of management experience including project design, execution, budget management, and staff management.
- Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan Region a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, with Arabic and/or Kurdish a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.