The Kabarto Protection Project Program Associate is responsible for planning and implementing programs for the community in Kabarto 1 camp, overseeing community spaces and resources, and managing cases specific to families who need additional assistance with protection issues. Programs may be for children, youth, women, disabled persons, and/or other community populations.
Like all Samaritan’s Purse staff, s/he will be expected to honor and model the values of Samaritan’s Purse, and perform all tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of SP with a generous and serving spirit.
- Serve the IDP community in Kabarto 1 camp with creativity, kindness, and generosity.
- Plan and implement community programming in Kabarto 1 camp.
- Make timely and accurate requests for materials and space for programs, following closely all processes and procedures.
- Oversee community spaces and resources, keeping them safe, clean, and well maintained. Follow established processes for community use of resources.
- Manage specific cases of child protection, gender based violence, human rights violations, and other protection issues as trained on an ad hoc basis.
- Participate in community assessment, coordination, listening, and collaboration activities.
- Complete all reporting deliverables as directed.
- Properly track beneficiaries according to implemented systems.
- Build positive relationships with camp management, community leaders, government officials, and NGO actors.
- Attend and implement lessons learned from orientation and ongoing trainings.
- Train, support, and collaborate with volunteers from the community for programming and community services.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must respect and honor Christian values as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Committed to the SP values and ethics
- Ability to relate with people who are different and act in a culturally sensitive way
Education / Experience Needed
- Leadership experience required
- High school graduate
- Experience with kids preferred
- Kurdish and Arabic required
- English preferred