Support INTERSOS Project Manager/Medical Officer in the implementation of two projects (1 OCHA funded and 1 UNFPA funded) aiming at providing primary health care services and sexual and reproductive health services through Mobile Units, composed by male and female GP, nurses and hygienist. The pharmacist will be based in Erbil, dedicated to the management of the stock of drugs stored in INTERSOS warehouse in Erbil and to the support of Logistic Department for warehouse management.
- Ensure appropriate quality controls of drugs procured by INTERSOS Logistic Department, in coordination with Medical Coordinator;
- Ensure accurate moving and storing of purchased drugs into, from and within INTERSOS warehouse in Erbil;
- Record on a weekly basis the movements in and out from and into the warehouse;
- Ensure that INTERSOS Medical Mobile Units (MMTs) are always supplied with the quantities of drugs needed to perform their activities in the field on daily basis;
- Ensure that drugs and medical materials are stored in proper conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and are available for the MMTs staff. This will be done according to national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department;
- Coordinate the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Ensure efficient supply using cold chain when needed. Monitor and analyse orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Report on drug consumption and medical equipment dispensed according to protocol.
- Records all items received and issued in computer
- Contribute to the process of the prequalification of the local suppliers;
- Contribute to take a general record of all complete Procurement dossiers;
- Check the quality / status and the right amount of the materials and of the packaging delivered to the warehouse from the prequalified suppliers;
- Assure the respect of the delivery time frame (IN and OUT) of the equipment / assets within the warehouse;
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking / storage plans prior to programming / contingency commodities arrivals;
- Assure the security of the warehouse and put in place all needed action in order to avoid any type losing equipment / assets;
- Assure the managing and tracking equipment / assets inventory including mobiles and satellite phones, laptops, organise regular monthly equipment / assets counts, and in consultation with other functions, develop replacement plans and organise disposals;
- Assure that all services (energy, water and gas supply, furniture etc.) within the offices and guesthouses are working properly;
- Provide support for basic IT needs (printers problems, network internet, change of passwords etc.) to the office and guesthouses;
- Support expatriates colleagues with translation from English to Kurdish and / or Arabic;
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- High School Degree required
- At least 1 year certified work experience in stock management, previous experience as pharmacy manager is an asset
- Ability to work independently in a team
- Flexibility and patience highly appreciated;
- Good communicator, able to work in English and Kurdish (verbal and written).