The Pharmacist will be based at Baghdad and will the medical stock management for the MMUs and PHCs (transfer out of Baghdad warehouse, at the site, dispensation, and transfer back of any remaining stock) following to the good storage and distribution practices. He is responsible to provide to the patient treatment precautions use and advice, as well as consumption follow-up, stock transfer or procurement requests.
- Work closely with the health program officer , field coordinator and team leaders I addition to the warehouse keeper .
- Ensure appropriate management and dispensation of medical stock
- Ensure that the patients treated respectfully acoording to the ethical and confidential issues.
- Compile, in collaboration with the field coordinator and team leader under supervision of the health program officer in the MMUs and PHCs , a stock transfer request for each MMU and PHC to the baghdad base warehouse
- Ensure reception of items from the Baghdad warehouse to the MMUs/PHCs by veryifing and recording the quantity and quality of the drugs/medical materials/equipment received
- Ensure all medical equipment is prepared for the MMU/PHC day
- Create/update the stock-cards of the drug/medical material/equipment on the MMU/PHC
- Assist the Baghdad warehouse keeper in updating stock information when required
- Update the stock inventory file for the MMU/PHC daily
- Implement bi monthly supportive supervision in order to improve quality standards
- Provide accurate training and on the job training for the team members
- Follow up quality indicator in collaboration with health PM or health technical advisor, and PM
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Pharmaceutical degree or at the minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy with additional experience to compensate for incomplete degree requirements.
- Able to prioritize, communicate effectively, and meet deadlines.
- Flexible in schedule, attitude, and work processes.
- Able to work both independently and in a tam environment.
- Excellent English & Arabic skills required. Turkish is a plus.
- Able to exercise sound judgment.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressfull situations and frustrations.
- Able to relate to and motivate staff effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google software, particulary Google Drive, Gmail, Google Docs, MS Word and MS Excel. Adobe suite preffered.
- Previous NGO experience in a similar context is a plus.