To ensure the work of the Physical Rehabilitation Center department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Physical Rehabilitation Center in Erbil:
- Perform all clinical duties necessary to provide appropriate Prosthetic & Orthotic services such as; Assessment of patients, measurements and casting, modification of the plaster model, bench and static / dynamic alignment, fitting and delivery of the devices
- Perform all technical duties necessary to manufacture quality and appropriate Prosthetic & Orthotic devices including: correct use of different components, assembly and finishing of the devices
- Perform all duties related to patient’s follow-up such as: patients assessment and devices modifications/repairs
- Assists Orthotic / Prosthetic in charge in preparation of monthly and annual statistics
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- professional diploma or university degree
- Minimum of 3 years work experience as Prosthetic & Orthotic technician
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Proactively develop new ways to resolve problems and actively share relevant information.
- Set clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Collaborating, Making Effective Decisions, Managing Quality Service, Demonstrating Resilience
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills