To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and other relevant documents to: email@example.com, with “clearly stating the position you are applying for.
NOC Monitor Agent
Job Title: FO NOC Monitor agent
To operate, maintain, monitor and control the day-to-day operations and activities associated with the relevant network platforms in order to ensure services availability at high standards and protect company’s image and revenue. Ensure that KPIs and SLAs targets are always met.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Remotely managing all managed customer routes.
- Responsible for maintaining service on all systems, and networks.
- Following and solving tickets.
- Troubleshooting emails and domain problems.
- Monitoring all our systems and networks.
- First line technical customer support.
- Any other task assigned by manager.
- Appropriate documentation to cover all of the above.
- General security of systems under domain.
- Upholding and conforming to all company policies and procedures
- Day to day operation, maintenance and monitoring the quality of the network platforms and customer services, initiate the corrective actions when necessary to maintain successful operation of the network platforms.
- Ensure that activities are performed to the required standard using laid down procedures to maintain maximum and continuous service availability.
- Act as source of technical expertise within the section and to other areas, providing technical information, reports, statistics, advice and guidance as necessary.
- Ensure that the escalation and rectification of faults and problems are carried out in accordance with the fault escalation procedures.
- Network platforms data and records are updated and maintained according to business requirements.
- Preventive and corrective actions are carried out with minimum impact on customer service.
- Daily check on the performance of the relevant Network Platforms and services, carry out any corrective action to maintain the grade of service.
- Perform operation and maintenance activities in accordance with laid down procedures and business requirements.
- Analyze and rectify customer, service and platform related faults and problems in accordance with internal procedures.
- Perform testing and commissioning of new services, features and equipment and assist with their introduction into the network.
- Coordinate and/or implement planned outages and advice concerned parties and administrations as necessary.
- Assist with the training and development of new staff and consolidators.
- Investigate service and platform failure/outages and make recommendations to avoid reoccurrence.
- Respond to callouts and attend shift duties as and when required.
- Perform and implement service provisioning, configuration and testing according to service orders requests.
- Implement service restoration plan as and when necessary or as directed
Minor Duties & Responsibilities:
- FO Engineer Shift team leader
Tools & equipment used in performing the job:
– Core Networks Platforms and Systems.
– Platforms management and surveillance systems.
– Digital meters.
– Extensive range of test equipment.
– Personal Computers and workstations.
– Protocol analyzers.
- Normal office environment sometimes exposed to out-door environment.
- Mostly sitting and operating PC, exposure to equipment noise.
Contact daily with:
- Site Guards, IN, NSS, TR, IT, Power, and BSS
- Contacts either by phone or mail mostly, sometimes face to face.
- Diploma in Electrical/Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering
- Preferable Bachelor degree graduate
Competencies Required: (Knowledge, Skills and Attributes)
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including MS applications. Full knowledge of software applications used to manage the systems, equipment and services.
- Telecommunications — Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Language (English, Arabic and Kurdish)— Knowledge of the structure and content of the language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
Skills and Abilities:
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of systems, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operations Analysis — Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- 2-5 years’ experience in communication systems. Strong technical knowledge on relevant system or platform.