View more 5 years ago
Purpose/Objectives of the position:
The Outreach Community Mobilizer will be responsible for community engagement and empowerment through mobilization, awareness, monitoring and outreach activities in Shaqlawa district.
- Liaise and maintain daily relationships between INTERSOS, IDPs, refugees and host community representatives, local leaders and grassroots organizations in the assigned area and provide them with overall orientation on the project;
- Monitor, survey, assess the target population in the assigned area at household and group level through daily home and field visits;
- Assist the IDPs community in obtaining information, knowledge and access to available relevant services through outreach activities;
- Arrange thematic focus group discussions, awareness, and life skills sessions;
- Encourage and stimulate full participation at the planned socio-recreational activities with special attention, where possible and appropriate, to youth, adolescents, women, disabled, elderly and other who may be marginalized and overlooked in community decision making;
- Work to identify and support community focal points/settlement representatives;
- Design, develop and timely submit to the DC Coordinator daily/weekly reports of the community mobilization activities implemented;
- Manage and well maintain the assigned equipment and materials allocated for community mobilization and outreach activities;
- Perform any other task assigned by the DC Coordinator, Field Activities Coordinator, Protection Officer and/or the Project manager to support and improve the project/mission.
- Previous experience with INGOs required working in social/outreach positions.
- Previous experience in children animation, entertainment and cultural initiatives highly desirable.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability and willingness to travel across the assigned project areas at short notice and spend extended periods with communities.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Basic IT knowledge and skills is required.
- Familiarity with the Shaqlawa district and environment is highly appreciated.
- Fluency in Arabic is mandatory, knowledge of English is a plus.