View more 5 years ago
- Establishes and maintain an active information network, which includes NGOs, UN and other national and international security actors to obtain credible and relevant safety information. Liaison & co-ordination with Police, Security forces & other stakeholders as required
- Provides INTERSOS Iraq mission with timely and credible security information and contextual analysis of the local security situation through: daily incident alerts, weekly incident lists and bi-weekly analytical reports.
- In close cooperation with HoM, conducts security risk assessments and risk analysis and advicethe HoM on security measures for INTERSOS offices, project activities and staff.
- Assists INTERSOS Iraq mission in developing and reviewing policy documents, conducting site-security surveys, and assisting in crisis evacuation planning.
- Conduct context, situational and risk analysis on assigned locations prior to deployment.
- Based on the country Risk management policies, ensure the team is fully equipped for the mission.
- Conduct pre-deployment trainings/briefings to all team members prior to each field mission. Carry out periodical follow –up security trainings for staff at the field level.
- Keep track of security trainings provided by other organisations and support staff in availing those opportunities.
- Implement and monitor staff movement and tracking systems while maintaining operational security. Identify areas of Security Management requiring external support
- Provides assistance to the HoM in the implementation of Iraq risk management plan. This can include the updating of the country specific risk management policies, security tree and other relevant security management tools, such as the evacuation/hibernation plan.
- Provides substantive support to the HoM in pro-acting collecting and updating security related information, relevant to INTERSOS, general on INGOs and planned/implemented activities and clearly communicating them to the HoM and relevant programme staff and Project Managers
- Provides assistance in the conduct and follow up of investigations and incidents affecting INTERSOS staffs and offices: help to prepare staff to prepare incident reports and forward to HoM.
- Represent INTERSOS at security meetings, forums as appropriate.
- Coordinate and liaise with JCCC, ISF and other local authoriries to obtain all permits for accessing program locationsa for national and international Intersos staff;
- Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the HoM.
- Undertake regular visits to the field areas/other locations ( office, guest houses etc)_ covered by INTERSOS and provide support to the team on ground in meeting all required security measures. Make an assessment on the security set-up of the field offices and furnish the report to HoM with a follow-up action plan.
- Provide a monthly report with a concrete plan for the following month.
- Work in close coordination with the program and support services.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Graduate level education or equivalent work experience.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical expertise in security management required.
- Solid understanding and experience in crisis/incident management and working in complex emergencies.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong writing and proven analytical abilities (proven written/published sample requested).
- Demonstrable understanding of humanitarian safety practices and principles and their application.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Employment history that reflects experience in both security and civilian fields.
- Experience with NGO security and/or project management.
- Local language skills.
- All employees of INTERSOS should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values.
- Knowledge of Arabic (only spoken) a strong asset.