View more 5 years ago
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the following:
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator in developing systems for screening and selecting beneficiaries, including assisting in the design of relevant tools when necessary
- Maintain and gather project statistics regarding number and beneficiary profiles, type and quantity of assistance provided, and any other quantitative and qualitative information required by the program.
- Oversee the collection of data on the progress of the project’s inputs, outputs and indicators, and updates the databases
- Assist in data entry and ensure proper filing of M&E documents.
- Work with other members of the GC team to design relevant monitoring forms and conduct training for staff on the correct use of such forms
- Conduct field visits on a frequent basis when security permits to community project sites to monitor community / stakeholder participation, project activities, provide technical assistance and troubleshoot along with the partner’s team.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates to the Senior Management Team of the Indicator Tracking Table
- Assist in the process of constructing a GC Beneficiary Database
- Produce a technical report covering all aspects of the database development process and definitions of codes, variables and copies of any software programme written.
- Produce SOPs on the use of the database and/or training materials for training on relevant staff on the use of the database.
- Train GC team on the use of the databases.
- Ensure accurate and consistent entry of data received from field staff and partner/s into database/s
- Assist the M&E Coordinator in performing data analysis and producing statistical and graphic reports
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database/s as required, incorporating suggestions and amendments from GC team members, under the M&E Coordinator’s guidance
- Maintenance of the MS Access/Excel database/s and other/s as required
- Provide additional updates and data analysis as requested by the M&E Coordinator
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator and partners team to develop evaluation tools and sampling methods and protocols
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative surveys of program impact to assure the project goals are being met and that the GC team is able to constantly improve the quality of program implementation.
- Coordinate with partner’s team and other GC staff to provide timely inputs for monthly and quarterly progress reports and any other required reports.
- Develop monthly reports on GC’s activities to feed into donors reporting system
- Oversee GC’s efforts to document success stories, including working with members of the partners team
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator in responding to requests from management and/or donors regarding the status of programs/activities and/or other issues
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Education and Training
- A university degree in development, programming, public relations/communications or other relevant field, or a combination of experience and education working in this sector.
- Experience in programming Microsoft Excel and Access Databases. Experience in other programming software is desirable
- Minimum 2 years of significant experience analyzing data and producing reports
- At least 2 years relevant experience with international organizations in the monitoring and evaluation of, and reporting for complex projects.
- Past work with international donor funded programs preferred.
- Experience carrying out M&E tasks, including survey work.
- Excellent command of excel and other database applications and ability to use software for database design
- Ability to design the structure of the database and write interfaces
- Analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic. Turkish and/or Kurdish is desirable
- Computer/word processing and standard office software skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Integrity, transparency, and strong work ethic.
- Kurdish, Arabic and English are required.