The main responsibilities of the Doctor Anaesthetist are to organize and carry out anaesthetic medical activities, according to MSF protocols and universal hygiene standards and in collaboration with the other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anaesthetic staff ensuring the quality of care provided to patients.
- Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anaesthetics to be used
- Carry-out all anaesthesia related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia. Monitoring patients throughout the intervention
- Preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required.
- Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
- Advise on Postoperative care in both Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon with special focus on patient’s pain relief during the recovering process.
- Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, data base, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Essential Doctor Anaesthetist diploma
- Desirable 3 years relevant experience
- Fluent in Arabic and English. Kurdish language is an asset
- Experience with MSF or other humanitarian organizations is an asset.