Under the line management of the Multi Task Team Leader, the Medic is part of the team conducing Multi Task activities in the Governorate of Kirkuk and/or Diyala. The MTT component of the project involves the location, removal and destruction of Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) and Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs), marking Suspected and Confirmed Hazardous Areas (SHA/CHA) and delivering emergency Risk Education (RE) safety briefings to persons at risk on the dangers of ERW and IEDs who are living, traveling or working close to the hazardous areas. The Medic may be tasked to assist the project in other ways from time to time.
Responsibilities and tasks description:
- Participate in and Conduct medical training in accordance with HI SOPs
- Follow initial and refresher training as requested by line manager; ask for refresher training and guidance any time
- Provide medical training for the team or any other staff member (first basic aid), as directed by the Medical Coordinator, and requested by the Chief of Operations.
- Participate actively in CASEVAC drills to demonstrate your abilities to manage with emergencies in respect of the procedures
- Promote preventive measures to prevent the contraction of any disease or illness and a high standard of personal and accommodation hygiene to the team
- Ensure the good preparation, use and maintenance of medical equipment
- Maintenance and care for the team medical equipment, medical supplies and all other equipment within the project,
- Account daily the use of the medical equipment ensuring that the minimum required is all the time available
- When necessary report to the chief medic the state of her/his medical equipment, requesting in advance the medical supplies required to ensure the availability of each item
- Report to the Multi Task Team Leader on any deficiencies and medical logistical requirements in a timely fashion,
- Ensure both Ambulances are fully prepared for use (O2 bottles fully charged / All drugs up to date)
- Provide medical assistance on the current mine and ERW clearance operations at HI designated sites
- Ensure that HI Medical protocols are respected during the clearance operations.
- At any time be prepared to assist with medical evacuation as necessary
- In case of accident prioritize all relevant lifesaving treatments that casualty requires to maintain life.
- Under the direction of the Multi Task Team Leader, maintain appropriate medical staff records as per HI procedures
- Ensure that the medical evacuation plan for a clearance task is understood, maintained and updated as appropriate, in cooperation with the medical coordinator.
- Responsible along with the medical coordinator, for the coordination between HI and external medical facilities.
- Check the evacuation road at least once a week to verify no road work’s or road closures, that will impair the planned Casevac on that road,
- Any other duties as required by the Medical Coordinator ensuring high standards of hygiene, clean accommodation areas/working areas, welfare of the staff and sustaining high performance medical preventative measures of all staff for the duration of the project,
- Ensure proper filing and reporting of operational data
- Assure the filing and archiving of everyday medical documents for its team.
- Ensure the availability and the proper use of HI forms
- Ensure that loss and damage reports are filled out for lost or damaged equipment as necessary and report to the team leader and to the chief medic
- Ensure the good use and maintenance of HI resources and a proper behavior with colleagues in respect of internal regulations and log-admin procedures
- Respect welfare and discipline, act as a model in terms of attitude, work ethic and general behaviour
- Agree and fit with HI ethical, policies and principles
- Respect working time and days as well as any other HI rules
- Qualified medic school and confirmed by IKMAA
- Excellent Arabic and Kurdish
- Spoken and written English
- Knowledge and experienced in drawing plans.
- Good medical recognition knowledge
- A minimum of 6 months’ work experience in a similar position is a positive point
- A demonstrated knowledge and experience of UXO Medic Ops is a positive point
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to live and work in isolated and adverse conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
Base: Khanaqen/ Kirkuk
Line Manager: Multi Task Team Leader
Head of Department: Chief of Operations