The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer will be providing support in MEAL activities of ongoing and upcoming projects on WASH, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food Security and Livelihoods and Nutrition sectors. The incumbent will be based in ACF Coordination office in Erbil and will be responsible for responding to field-level MEAL needs of the projects and will come up with findings based on process and performance monitoring and evidence-based data using participatory approach to show performance of the projects. The incumbent will also help ACF in strengthening its M&E functions based on his/her experiences from the project sand serve as a support function. Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the incumbent will be responsible for
- Coordinate the Project/Program tasks with respect to monitoring and evaluation activities, including the preparation of project M&E plans, and proposing respective budgets related to drafted M&E plans.
- Ensure that M&E data are readily available, as appropriate, to the ACF management, all concerned departments and to other stakeholders, particularly on impact and lessons learnt from project performance and process monitoring through routine field visits where ACF is delivering assistance.
- Regularly maintain both the project/program output progress matrix and support data entry officers / MEAL assistants in developing data collection tools.
- Maintain project and program-based monitoring logs on best practices and improvement areas.
- Assist project staff in designing baseline, mid-term and final evaluations using a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Support needs assessments/baseline/end-line and/or other surveys in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to the maintenance and modification of a database of all ACF projects.
- Ensure implementation of monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning plans at field level.
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management material such as briefers, human interest stories, case studies, press releases and related material as and when required.
- Review information collected through the monitoring process, identify areas of improvement with suggestions and prepare agreed action plans with relevant departments.
- Coordinate in the capacity building of project staff on participatory monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist project team and partners to plan, review, reflect, learn and re-appraise their work.
- Generate quality monitoring and project progress and periodic reports as and when desired by ACF-Iraq management.
- Support to identify the issues at the grass root level received through feedback mechanism of the ACF and coordinate feedback with the respondents.
- Ensure and establish accountability requirements mainly through feedback and response mechanism in line with Core Humanitarian standards-CHS (former Humanitarian Accountability Partnership-HAP) and ACF’s HQ Guidelines.
- Adapt and improve the Feedback and Response Mechanism based on monitoring of its effectiveness and remembering confidentiality while receiving feedback, delivering response and sharing lessons for learning and reflection purposes.
- Assume feedback and response desk and maintain the feedback log to analyze and report the incoming feedback for ACF learning and reflection in the mission through various channels.
- Complete additional assignments related to job functions requested and acknowledged by ACF management.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Good knowledge in emergency and development contexts in terms of implementing monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities at field level.
- Strong analytical knowledge.
- Strong knowledge in Project Management cycle (PMC) and role of MEAL in PMC.
- Experience in conducting and supervising data collection activities using mix-method approaches in assessments, surveys and evaluation studies.
- Knowledge in staff’s management and capacity building in MEAL activities.
- Technical background in WASH, Nutrition/health and/or FSL is a plus
- Knowledge on gender aspects is a plus
- A good sense of organization, be rigorous and precise
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Very good ability to work in a team
- Fluent in all Kurdish, English and Arabic is Mandatory
- Financial and administrative procedures – account codes – budgets – filing report outline