Participate and contribute to the developing and reviewing of M&E processes for the GAC Project:
- Participate in the process of determining different aspects of information required, prepare and follow up on project M&E framework, logic model and M&E plan.
- Actively participate in developing appropriate M&E tools, methods and data collection systems in collaboration with various sector specific teams (health, community health MHPSS, GBV).
- Review the effectiveness of M&E systems and make changes as necessary in consultation with the M&E Department and GAC Program Manager.
Facilitate data collection processes, reporting and needs assessments in the field as per set guidelines:
- Conduct field visits for M&E support and project data collection.
- Provide GAC Program Team with data collection formats and guidelines.
- Train MSC staff on M&E formats and guideline for collecting appropriate data.
- Ensure that data collection formats and methods are properly followed by program staff.
- Feed into M&E section information into and draft weekly/monthly and quarterly reports
- Conduct assessments as required, analyze and report the data collected
Compilation, storing and processing of monitoring and evaluation data:
- Ensure that GAC Project data is collected on time.
- Perform M&E data compilation, storing and updating on a regular basis.
- Maintain computer database system for data entry, compilation and analysis, as well as carry out systematic data quality audits, checks and routine monitoring of data quality
Ensure validity and reliability of data collection.
- Ensure accuracy of M&E data collection from field sites
- Share M&E observations and findings with relevant program managers through regular meetings
- Provide regular M&E feedback and updates to the M&E Department and GAC Program Manager.
- Carry out annual program quality review meetings with all related program staff to inform on the progress, knowledge and learning together with program manager;
- Carry out baseline assessments, mid-term and final evaluation of the project.
Participate in and contribute to the process of M&E capacity building efforts for MSC staff:
- Assess training needs for program staff regarding M&E.
- Participate in conducting different training events on M&E.
- Follow up implementation of learning obtained from M&E training.
- Mentor and guide M&E team members through on-the-job learning and training.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Represent IMC at relevant meetings, including coordination meetings and working group meetings held on a regular basis, as requested by the supervisor
Other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor. The candidate must maintain high level of flexibility in terms of taking on additional responsibilities, working within strict deadlines, after hours and weekends when it’s necessary.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor or degree in social work, international affairs, statistics, social sciences or any relevant fields. Equivalent if working experience are to be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in M&E roles.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Arabic, and very good knowledge of written and oral English.
- Ability to travel on short notice to project sites and other governorates when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational and supervisory skill.
- Strong analysis and report writing, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and ensure high quality work;
- Computer literacy with demonstrated experience in utilization of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint in particular. Knowledge and use of any data analysis software (SPSS, Stata, NVivo, MaxQDA, etc) is a plus.