View more 5 years ago
- Working with buyers, engineering, planning, project controls, construction, HSE and quality to ensure purchase order requirements are understood and complied with by the supplier.
- Responsible to follow-up on the delivery dates of all purchase orders which required for Logistics Department to organize the Shipping of the Materials from the point of origin to the final destination.
- Advise Supply Chain Buyers if required about shipping, expediting, logistics matters. Responsible to prepare Tax Exemption Letter applications if required during the absence of the Document Control Assistant, assist and help if required.
- Responsible to request the Supply Chain Department to apply for Tax Exemption Letters to the Ministry of Resources (define the point of entry, importation type, department, package description, total gross weight).
- Responsible to review all shipping documentation prior to apply for Tax Exemption Letters. Expediting P.Os as per delivery date – daily follow-up with the different vendors including reporting
- Utilize Oracle Business Intelligence Software whenever required to extract Procurement Report.
- Utilize Oracle Procurement to check status of requisitions, download attachments such as Packing list, emails correspondences, investigate if required.
- Responsible to liaise with all vendors without any exception and provide correct shipping procedure
- Advise vendors how to prepare shipping documentation such as packing list & commercial invoice, provide instructions regarding shipping labels.
- Strong understanding of the “2010 Incoterms Chart”, evaluate and anticipate the risks before organizing the transportation of materials.
- Understand IATA Regulations regarding Dangerous Good Materials, Non-Dangerous Good Materials. If required – The Logistics & Expediting Coordinator will have to travel and stay overnight during the mobilization of materials to the site (as per request from the Materials & Logistics Manager).
- If required – The Logistics & Expediting Coordinator will have to travel to the Ibrahim Khalil border or to the Erbil International Airport.
- Prepare or contribute to preparation of frequent reports Logistics & Expediting Report.
- Liaise on a daily basis with LSP (Logistics Single Provider) regarding the movement (inbound / outbound) of shipments.
- Oversee the transportation of materials from one location to another
- Responsible for filing all Logistics files into the share drive, documents such as copies of P.Os, Packing List, Commercial Invoice, COO, QA_QC documentation such as MTC (Materials Testing certificates), IRN (Inspection Release Notes,..) will be filed accordingly on a daily basis.
- Communicate using Microsoft Outlook / email account, be professional and follow system I.T rules at all time.
- Following Safety Requirements at all time, prioritize & encourage Safety Culture.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Good Knowledge of Production – Construction – Project – Mechanical – Electrical materials
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Word / Excel / Outlook
- Good knowledge of Logistics, Custom Clearance Procedures, Freight Forwarding (Import & Export)
- Good understanding of QA_QC Procedures
- Team player, reliable, punctual
- Good knowledge of the English, Arabic, Kurdish languages (Reading – Writing – Speaking)
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role is required – a minimum of 2 years of Expediting experience is an advantage
- High School Graduate + (hold a Bachelor degree in Logistics or Transportation or similar Education)
- Candidate must be living in the Erbil area (schedule is 5 days on – 8 hours per day) – 2 days off
- Proven experience with Oil and Gas industry
- Must be very familiar with shipping documentation such as Airway Bill, Bill of Lading, CMR.
- Must understand very well the different mode of transportation (Sea – Air – Land)
- Proactive regular Expediting of Suppliers and sub Suppliers by phone and e-mail contact according to the approved Expediting Plan.