Position: Logistics Assistant – Warehouse
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Supervision of: N/A
Duty station: Erbil
Contract duration: 31 December 2016 (Possibility of Extension)
All applicants must submit a CV as an attachment and a Cover Letter explaining their suitability for
Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Please mention in the Subject of your E-mail the Job title: Logistics Assistant -Warehouse
CVs submitted without mentioning Job Title will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 21st of August, 2016
After this date, applications will not be considered
English CVs and APPLY on the APPLY BUTTON
Applicants from outside of KR-I must have a valid permanent residency card
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values. To be dedicated,
innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and believes that shall guide our actions and
1. Role and responsibilities
The Warehouse Assistant is responsible for receiving, storing and distributing materials and supplies in the
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The Country Offices shall adapt
them to the existing organizational chart and the size and complexity of the operations. The responsibilities
shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
1. Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute them according to
2. Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
3. Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
4. Informs suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned
5. Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all
6. Ensure safety and security of materials
7. Ensure that only authorized staff are allowed to enter the warehouse and receive supplies or
8. Maintains an up-to-date electronic record of all correspondence related to purchase orders,
requisitions and Good Received Notes (GRN) and records.
9. Prepare periodic stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic inventory audits
10. Immediately report losses, damages or discrepancies
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of
operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a
new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
Ensures correctness of the contents in respect of the purchase order.
Receives and inspects the physical condition of consignments and scrutinizes relevant
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They
are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency
Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
Working with people
Communicating with impact and respect
Planning and delivering results
Handling insecure environments
3. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
Experience from working as a Warehouse Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based
on NRC’s Performance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance
The Job Description
The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
The Competency Framework