View more 6 years ago
The Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting Logistics services and systems for Save the Children International in Iraq. This position will support the Logistics Team with the various tasks listed below. The Logistics Assistant will be expected to ensure adherence to SCI’s Logistics policies and procedures at all times.
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum 1 years of experience in one or more of the following logistics functions; procurement, warehousing, assets and transport.
- Minimum of 1 year of Admin work experience.
- Very good Communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the Kalar and Khanaqeen market places.
- A desire to learn and help the logistics team in a variety of functions
- Willingness and ability to work well within a culturally diverse office
- Moderate to good English & Arabic speaker.
- Comfortable using Excel.
- Be proactive and willing to help the team whenever it is required
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
- Have skills and knowledge of key management/admin principles.