The Legal Advisor is responsible for providing legal aid services, including legal information on obtaining documentation or retrieving lost documents, legal counselling and legal assistance, as well for organizing and conduct awareness rising sessions on legal related issues. The Legal Advisor will be part of, and closely cooperate with, the Protection Mobile Team composed of one Psychologist, one Social Worker, two Case Workers and one Child Protection Officer.
- Disseminate information on legal related issues to beneficiaries;
- Provide legal counseling to targeted people in need and;
- Closely follow up all legal steps and procedures required in order to obtain certain civil documentations for cases identified;
- Organize and conduct awareness raising sessions on legal related issues in the areas of operation and according to identified needs;
- Refer beneficiaries to other specialized protection service providers, including other members of the Protection Mobile team when needed through established referral pathways and follow up;
- Keep and store accurately paper records and files of clients;
- Collect and store information about services and activities implemented by the mobile team;
- Participate in coordinated protection needs assessments in target areas;
- Discuss legal cases identified (or referred by Case Workers/Protection Monitors) with Case Manager, designing a specific case plan and closely follow up all the legal aspects of the cases;
- Regularly sitting with Case Workers, Case Managers and Protection Officer for meeting/ case conferences and information sharing on legal issues identified as well as follow up on specific cases;
- Constantly keep Case Manager updates on the ongoing status of the legal cases identified;
- Together with Protection Mobile Team members, develop weekly schedules for outreach activities with indication of areas of intervention.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Degree in Law is Mandatory
- Previous experience in similar position with International, national organizations and government authorities is highty desirable;
- Knowledge of protection standart is higly desiderable
- Flexibility and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Good problem solving skills and ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good Computer literacy, primarily Excel and Access;
- Fluency in Arabic is MANDATORY, Knowledge of English is desiderable