View more 2 weeks ago
- Assist persons of concern to access and enjoy their rights in light of international standards and according to relevant bodies of law.
- Willingness to work primarily in the field as part of a mobile protection monitoring team, traveling to various locations within Erbil governorate on a daily basis.
- Provide accurate and neutral legal counseling to Refugees/IDPs on a range of legal issues and concerns, particularly related to missing documentation.
- Advocate with local authorities to ensure that the rights of Refugees/IDPs are upheld and protected.
- Enhance knowledge of relevant protection issues; particularly related to changes in Residency and Asayish policy affecting Refugees/IDPs.
- Follow up on detention cases where required, and advocate for the basic rights of Refugees/ IDPs to be respected.
- Represent Refugees/IDPs in cases related to Sexual and Gender-Based Violence, including domestic violence.
- Promote knowledge and awareness of Refugees’/IDPs’ legal rights; including registration procedures, birth documentation and access to justice.
- Collect data on each legal case assisted on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the weekly reports of the mobile protection monitoring team.
- Uphold QANDIL and UNHCR’s code of conduct, and ensure that all persons of concern are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with humanitarian principles and human rights standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Law.
- At least two years’ work experience in the same position or relevant field;
- Willingness to work in all areas of the Erbil Governorate; travel long distances and work in adverse weather conditions.
- Language: Fluency in Kurdish & Arabic languages and English is a plus.
- Member of the KRI Lawyer’s Bar Association.
- Legal qualification and ability to practice law within the Erbil Governorate.
- Willingness to work primarily ‘in-field’.
- Must work well within ethnically diverse