Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Finance Director and working closely with the Senior Finance Officer and other MC Iraq finance staff, the Finance Officer will ensure the accuracy and completeness of Mercy Corps accounting records and will have primary responsibility for managing the monthly accounting cycle.
Essential job functions:
- Maintain the bank file, ensuring that all bank information is properly filed and updated
- Record daily cash transactions in Mercy Corps accounting software system “Navigator”.
- Maintain custody of the office cash, make payments of approved transactions, (Cashier).
- Perform weekly and month end cash counts per the Mercy Corps Field Finance Manual.
- Provide Financial Review of payment requests and expense reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness (per policies and procedures), ensuring expense reports are fully approved before payment.
- Archive Mercy Corps (finance) documents
- Other month close tasks as assigned, including submission of required month end supporting documentation, Navigator reports, etc.
- Monitor advances/ advance ageing report. ( responsible person of advances)
- Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to MC procedures.
- Maintain the lease and rental agreements file.
- Assist in responding to audit inquiries.
- Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Performing field payments / cash distribution – outside the office when requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- One year or more of accounting or bookkeeping experience, including experience with double-entry accounting
- Strong knowledge about banking system .
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with computerized, double-entry accounting software
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Minimum oral and written English skills, Arabic language skills
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions and should have a strong and demonstrated knowledge of safety and security management, good written and spoken English, computer Skills and local languages.
S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability and transparency to its beneficiaries and to International standards guiding relief and development work.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs, references and application letter to the email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org . Any Resume will be sent without mentioning the job applied for in the subject line will not be considered . Submission should include a copy of Iraqi national ID card and education certificates.
Please note that this vacancy has been posted in various advertising venues such as NCCI, F-jobs, and Kodo-jobs.
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY November 28th , 2016 at 16:00.
Mercy Corps will review CV’s and applications on a rolling bais (i.e., as applications are submitted). Potential Candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.