The medical doctor is responsible to provide good quality of health care services at the mobile clinic site , including data collection, consultation, diagnosis, treatment, management of referral cases, follows up of patients, epidemiological data collection and reporting and management of mobile health team.
Ensure and conduct primary health care services in the mobile clinic site
- Ensure and conduct the medical consultations with full history taking, clinical examination and provide a diagnosis and prescribe treatment accordingly following the protocols and universal precautions and guidelines.
- Clearly explain the diagnosis and treatment to the patient, make sure that the patients comply with the treatment
- Delegate the treatment cares (distribution of drugs, injections, dressings…)
- Manage and report any suspected communicable disease case according to Première Urgence Internationale’s protocols and national Disease Surveillance guidelines
- Execute any action requested by the Field Co / PM or Medical Coordinator as part of the outbreak response plan
- Actively participate in the good cohesion and coordination of the team.
- Record on a readable manner the health status and medical prescription
- Participate in the follow-up of the waste management according to the waste management procedures
- Ensure that all patients and their relatives are treated equally, with respect of ethical and confidential issues
Set up and management of an efficient referral system and ensure patients follow up
- Manage the emergency and electives referral cases according to the referral protocol by facilitating the logistics including transportation means, appointment with specialists, laboratory tests etc…
- Coordinate with the nurses on site to provide all the necessary information to the patient for accessing the referral PHCC/secondary care centre
- Decide the transfer of the patients to the hospital of reference, in collaboration with the Health PM
- Follow up the referred cases, by ensuring visits if necessary with the patient and with the reference doctor, ensuring appropriate follow up care has been given and taking appropriate action if further care is needed
- Identify and refer patients who need mental health consultation.
Medical data collection and reporting
- Record accurately and on a readable manner, the clinical case management on the patient health card (history taking, physical examination, treatment, investigation, etc.) and patient registration book
- Submit daily reports about health information, Ensure an accurate daily use and tracking of epidemiological data
- Participate actively in the early warning system and the outbreak response plan
- Participate to the weekly medical statistic report
- Strengthen and analyse the current data collection to allow early recognition of possible outbreaks and develop appropriate strategies to manage key health problems in the IDP population.
- Debrief daily with the medical team/with all mobile teams
- Attend Première Urgence Internationale team meetings when required
Ensure adherence to Première Urgence Internationale’s Standards of Operation Procedures for MHTs
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Graduation certificate of medicine/bachelor degree (qualified medical doctor)
- At least 2 years as medical Doctor (Hospital, NGO…)
- Experience managing/coordinating other medical staff
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team management skills
- Kurdish , Arabic & English languages :very good
- Training on humanitarian standards and methodologies
- Training in community or public health
- Experience in emergency type programming
- Experience in community or public health
- Experience with an NGO
- Experience with Première Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Ability to work in unstable circumstances
- Pack office : word , excel etc…..