Responsible for overseeing all information technology in Kirkuk field office and ensure high delivery of IT services that ensure the capture, storage, and processing of data. This will include responding to IT support requests via the helpdesk email system, phone call or verbal reports, trouble shooting and performing assigned IT projects.
IT Strategy & Support
- Identify information technology strategies and implement them in line with the SC Iraq Country Office objectives.
- Select appropriate software and hardware for SC Iraq Office operations, as well as troubleshooting these systems regularly.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via E-Mail, phone, and other electronic medium.
- Maintain optimum security and integrity of all operating systems and servers at all times.
- Provide and maintain network accounts and fool proof passwords as required.
- Advise staff of security breaches and/or changes in password or security status.
- Consult with systems users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Ensure technology is accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
- Meet with managers to discuss system requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Maintain wired and wireless networks, desktop and server computers, computer peripheral equipment e.g. printers, scanners, projectors, and whiteboards.
- Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate.
- Ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal.
IT Vendors relationship
- Contract and manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Provide training materials and procedures, and actual training to users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
- Responsible for building the capacity of staff on usage of IT operating systems/applications in all field offices.
- In liaison with Logs Assistant/officer, maintain current and accurate inventory of technology hardware, software, and resources
- Submit regular quarterly progress reports to Logistics Manager
- Ensure that all Save the Children Iraq staff remains in compliance with all SCI Global and Iraq IT Security Policies, IT Acceptable Usage Policy and Mandatory Reporting Policy as it pertains to IT.
- Participate and represent the IT department in any SC Iraq staff meetings
- Participate and represent SCI in any inter-agency IT-related meetings or seminars.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum degree in Computer Science or related field with emphasis on hardware.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with network infrastructure and operating systems
- Knowledge to operate most ICT and office equipment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties. Tact and diplomacy are essential.
- The ability to work closely in a team, patience, adaptable, flexible, ability to improvise and work in an environment that is often stressful and potentially volatile.
- Experience of working in insecure/conflict situations and security management.
- Willingness to travel regularly and in difficult circumstances.
- Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Kurdish and Arabic language will be an asset.