View more 2 weeks ago
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, printer issues reported to the IT Manager.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues.
- Update network applications as required.
- Maintain daily Servers backup and off-site storage (NAS Storage Synology, VEEAM and Acronis Backup System).
- Maintain daily Users backup using the Backup tools for users backup
- Troubleshoot and resolve all problems encountered with hardware and software. Escalate requests to the appropriate party, as needed. Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Conduct technology training for new users.
- Conduct briefings and demonstrations for users to enhance system productivity.
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Attend courses to develop and keep skills and knowledge current.
- Increase efficiencies, technical ability and interpersonal skills.
- Perform routine server monitoring and performance.
- Monitor and remove virus, spyware with Kaspersky Endpoint Security Center.
- Monitor and remove non-authorized software via Server Policies.
- Monitor security system (SonicWALL Firewall), and applying IRD IT Security controls and policies.
- Monitor Web application server and Database server (Oracle & MS SQL)
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned from IT Manager.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Server Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and Workstation Windows 7, 8.1, 10;
- Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V;
- Experience with MS Active Directory, DNS, DHCP Services ;
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016 onwards and other common desktop applications
- Remote control tools such as Dameware and RDP;
- Basic networking skills including TCP/IP, and Network cabling and infrastructure;
- The ability to configure network printers;
- Awareness of all mainstream mobile technologies (RIM, Android, Apple etc.) specifically when related to IRD systems;
- Experience supporting and maintaining an asset database;
- Ability to function successfully in both team and independently, meeting strict deadlines
- Effective communication skills;
- Ability to recognize when to escalate;
- Knowledge in Computer and IT Security ( Example: CompTIA Security+);
- Organizational skills to support administrative personnel, department supervisors, staff, and managers by maintaining respectful interactions and relationships with Project Staff.
Required Education & Experience:
- BA in Information Technology.
- 3+ years’ experience in information technology field support.
- Certifications such as MCITP, CCNA, Security+, A+ preferred
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required. Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving and computer skills required.
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects. Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality.