Give support to external administrative work and to assist the Intersectional Liaison Manager and the various coordination teams present in Baghdad in obtaining working/travel permits, as well as all official contacts, procedures and importation of goods, according to local and international laws and MSF procedures, in order to ensure the smooth running of MSF activities.
• Together under the direct supervision of the Intersectional Liaison Manager, , ensure that all MSF staff has applied and obtained on time any visa, stay, travel or working permits in the mission country according to needs, and keep information on legal, administrative procedures
• Maintain the support travel service in HQ informed about ongoing processes, specific situations or changes in the procedures related to visas, working permits, etc..
• Know all the procedures that MSF needs to follow in order to import goods from any country and assist the mission in following these procedures, in cooperation with the LogCo and the logistic department of the mission.
• Follow up clearances of MSF cargos and informs about any possible planned or extraordinary needs.
• Under the lead of the Intersectional Liaison Manager, establish and maintain professional contacts with relevant authorities, depending on the context and the needs of the mission.
• Arrange meetings related to administrative issues for the Head of Mission or the HRCO as well as attend them in the absence of the International Liaison Manager.
• Assist the Intersectional Liaison Manager in keeping a complete and updated detailed list of all useful contacts in the Country/Mission with names, telephones, addresses and other relevant details.
• Ensure, together with the Intersectional Liaison Manager and MCT members that all MSF activities are running lawfully and in agreement with the Memorandum of Understanding in all administrative or customs related issues and inform about any possible risks or problems.
• Keep all documentation and files updated, properly filed and easily accessible for the internal users.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
• Secondary education essential. Administration or communication related studies desirable.
• Essential previous experience of at least one year in related relevant positions, in MSF or other NGOs.
• Mission and local language essential.
• Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)