The IC Officer needs to work in a team to:
- Implement MSF protocols for Infection Control measures through one on one training as well as formal training
- Supervise Infection Control measures in all departments that are in charge by MSF in Hamdaniya Hospital in collaboration with Watsan and logistics
- Coordination of Infection control activities (cleaning, sterilization, laundry, etc).
- Report on the existing situation through data.
- Stock management and ordering materials to the appropriate department.
- Follow-up of the consolidation Standard precautions.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Hand Hygiene
- Prevention of needle sticks injuries.
- Safe and appropriate treatment of re-usable medical devices (Cleaning, disinfection or sterilization)
- Safe handling and disposal of medical waste
- Cleaning and basic disinfection of (soiled) surfaces
- Individual hygiene for staff, caretakers and patients
- Processing laundry
- Follow up on the medical staff to ensure clean/sterile procedures during medical and nursing care
- Give infection control briefing to all the new staff recruited that is recruited
Management of the national staff
Prepare a staff duty roster for the cleaners on a monthly basis, respecting the total working hours according to MSF internal regulations.
Ensure regular evaluation of all staff according to regulations.
Participate in recruitment of new staff.
Identify training needs and participate in the organization of training for the staff in collaboration with internal staff.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Education: University technical
- Previous experience required
- English: spoken / Arabic and Kurdish spoken and written required
- Immediate availability, availability to work in full-time shifts
- Response to common problem, identify problem source